Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Just helped the first group of 6th graders upload their science podcast! Check out the podcast on bacteria on our wiki. The 6th graders are dissappointed that their epal partners haven't written them back. That part of the project is out of my control so that is a bit frustrating. I do like how the 6th graders are getting into the routine of checking their epals email account, then checking our wiki home page for instructions for the day. Most of the 6th graders are doing a great job with their science podcasts; they are creating it in different formats, such as a question and answer format, a news story format, and so on. I like how the podcast media allows them some creativity in their project, while maintaining good content. It makes me feel better knowing that one group is finished, and some groups are almost done. I feel like this project is taking a long time, and I want to move on. For the science podcasts, I put them in groups of 4, which in retrospect is probably too many. Partners worked out great for our practice podcasts; I thought with a science topic maybe they would need more people in their group so that their content would be richer--and in a few cases that might be true. However, for most groups, it seems that 4 was too many. Anyway, I am looking forward to having them finish their podcasts and next, setting them up with a voicethread account. We'd like to create a end-of-the-year voicethread for our Peru classmates, to sort of close out our partnership with them, as their school year comes to an end in December.

No comments:

Post a Comment